This week I was checking out the local Goodwill and found this great vintage dresser.Before:
The dresser has great details, but the bottom drawer had the vaneer coming completely off and the dresser was stained red. After fixing the bottom drawer with wood glue and clamps I mixed up my own vintage green color and painted the dresser with 2 coats of home-made chalk paint. When it was done; I was looking at the center cutout and felt that it needed a little something.
I had experimented with using napkins on old wood to get a wallpaper look and I thought this would work on the dresser too. I found a napkin and took off the second layer so that I had only one ply.
I brushed Modge Podge on the dresser and placed the napkin down and tried to rub out the wrinkles.
I then cut around the edges of the napkin with a scalpel in the groove of the dresser to cut away the extra napkin.
I brushed on another coat of Modge Podge and let it dry.
I distressed the dresser and sealed and aged it with Linseed oil/dark wax, including the napkin part.
|I love the details|
|Such pretty Hardware|
I am so happy when the vision in my heads turns out!
Linking up with: