Sunday, April 19, 2015

Transforming a vintage window into a Chalkboard Calendar/Planner


Lately I have had this thing for vintage windows and I have been falling in love with them and bringing them home.  I found this vintage window at the Flea Market and loved its vertical lines.  
Before:
 When I saw this frame I thought of a weekly calendar and got to work.  I bought a piece of thin mahogany at the local lumber store and then painted it with The Urban Rooster    chalkboard paint.  To season it, I rubbed chalk on the board and then wiped it off.  I nailed the wood on to the back of the frame with small nails.  My next step was to pull out my chalkboard pens and write on the chalkboard the days of the week and shopping list/to-do list.  









I love the old chippiness of the frame 







I think this would be a great planner for the week to keep the family/kids organized-and its cute! 



Linking up with:

30 comments:

  1. Totally love the look of your chalkboard window. I have been looking for one with squares, but seeing yours realize any one of them can be made to look cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sugar-I just fell in love with the window and then came up with the calendar!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda-I thought it was a good repurpose idea too!

      Delete
  3. What a fantastic idea:-)
    Greetings,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anita-I love how it turned out too!

      Delete
  4. I love old windows and this one was perfect to repurpose into a calendar!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary Alice-I wish I was a write down events on a planner type of girl so I could keep it, but I am not!

      Delete
  5. I love this idea Darielle. I just made a calendar out of a chalkboard. I wish I had an old window though. :) Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie-I bet yours turned out great!

      Delete
  6. Love this. I have a thing for old windows too. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura-I am defiantly going through window phase!

      Delete
  7. Such a great repurposing idea! Wonderful! Stopping by fro the TO40 facebook group. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Kathy-I think the window is very useful now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea! I have a couple of big windows with broken glass and I just might have to pretty them up like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betsy-I like how the window turn out!

      Delete
  10. I really love how you made the window useful. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Su-I think it is very useful now and kind of cute!

      Delete
  11. Love the uniqueness of this window, I have never seen one like this and your use of it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So clever, love this idea. I am going to keep my eye out for an old window frame. Would be great in our new office area.
    XO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbara-it would be great in an office area and I hope you find one!

      Delete
  13. I LOVE this chalkboard in the chippy frame. You have done it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim-I thought it was a pretty good ideas too!

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Thank you Alli-I thought it was a pretty good transformation!

      Delete
  15. Love love love it. Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tabitha-I kind of love love love it too!

      Delete