I have a friend who has a container full of "finds" and she had picked up a dresser that needed a bunch of work and it just sat and sat and she decided that it was time to get rid of it, so she offered it to me. She was sure she couldn't repair it.Before:
The dresser doesn't look that bad in this photo, but every drawer was missing some of its trim and this made the veneer pull away from the drawer fronts.
The dresser has beautiful lines and was good structurally, but every drawer needed some TLC and so did the top. I knew I was up for the challenge! While it was raining one day, I decided to fix each drawer while I was working. I first glued the veneer down on each drawer.
After the glue dried, I then glued the missing trim pieces to the fronts of the drawers.
I didn't have all the missing trim, but enough that when I was done glueing the drawers looked pretty good.
I had mixed a bunch of left over Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint for another project and still had some left, so I used it for this dresser. It is a mixture of Boxwood, Ironstone and Flow Blue.
After painting the dresser with 2 coats of milk paint, I scraped off the flakes and sealed it with AS dark wax/tung oil.
I am actually keeping this dresser for myself. I needed a 6 drawer dresser in my bedroom and this one fit perfectly. It was difficult for me to get great photos since this dresser is right next to a glass door and the sun was shining through.
|I love the legs!|
|Swooning over the hardware!|
|If you look closely you can see the missing trim, but the chippy milk paint disguises it pretty well.|
I am so happy with this curvy- fronted chippy dresser!
Linking up with: