Saturday, September 3, 2016

The Black Spinet Desk



A few weeks ago I found a great old spinet desk at a local thrift store and brought it home.  
Before:


I love the shape and the details of this type of desk and knew this one could be a beauty again with a little bit of help from my paintbrush.  



I mixed up my own chalk paint using Plaster of Paris and black flat paint by Benjamin Moore.  


I painted the desk with 2 coats of paint and then lightly distresses it and sealed it with AS dark wax.  
Love the legs! 





I love that it can be a table or a desk! 





I really love this spinet desk, but it is ready for a new home! 

20 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job on this desk Darrielle I love it!
    xoxo,
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute piece of furniture...it would look great in m house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The green really pops with the black. those legs are so lovely, they make me jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sugar-I love green with Black!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful job on this sweet little desk! Black can go almost anywhere. Great job!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy-I agree-black can go about anywhere!

      Delete
  5. So pretty and black was the perfect choice for this desk! ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin-I think black just looks right on this one!

      Delete
  6. Black isn't my color, but it does look very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rose-black is not my color either, but it just felt right for this piece!

      Delete
  7. That is VERY nice! The black gives it a really up-scale quality. I wouldn't have tho't to paint it black myself, but it really works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Naomi-I just felt like black was the way to go!

      Delete
  8. I love everything about this vignette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary-black and green with white are a good combo in my book!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful re love Darrielle. Have a great Labor Day.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kris-You have a great Day too!

      Delete
  10. The desk transformed into such a beauty ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darrielle, that seriously does not look like the same desk! Another great rescue. I'm sure it won't be around for long! Cynthia

    ReplyDelete