I few Sundays ago I found this small dark dresser ( I can't find the before picture-arghhhh). It had a glossy finish and a lot of scratches and was very dark brown. I wanted to paint it a farm green so I got out my paints and stared mixing until I got the shade I was envisioning. I made it into chalk paint and got busy. The gorgeous hardware would not come off (each piece had 4 tiny screws and I could not get them off). I used an old candle and waxed them. My thought was that when the paint got on them it wouldn't stick and I could scrape it off easily. It worked! After the paint dried I distressed and sealed it with dark wax and hemp oil.