Sunday, December 6, 2015

Holiday Bunting


On my junkin' excursions I am always looking for vintage fabrics and I have a cabinet full of fabric in my office.  I also like to make bunting or banners with my fabric-it is an easy and festive decoration for so many things.  I decided to make a red bunting for the holidays, so I pulled out a bunch of red and white fabric scrapes.  



For the shape of the fabric, I grabbed a piece of computer paper, folded it in half and cut.  

The next step was to place the paper shape on my fabric and cut.  To finish it off I just glued the fabric to a piece of twine with my hot glue gun. 


I decided for the red bunting to not put any letters on it so I could use it for many holidays (Christmas, Fourth of July, Valentine's Day, Memorial Day.....).  


A bit of Red in my Bedroom




I also made a NOEL bunting with green fabric for a local shop owner. I did the same thing to make this banner and then I stamped foam letters with black paint on each piece of fabric. 












33 comments:

  1. Your buntings are really cute!

    Well done!

    And super smart about using the red and white for other holidays - makes it three times as nice!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michele-I thought I was being smart too!

      Delete
  2. Very very adorable. I love the bunting in Red and White over the bed with the beautiful French pillow alongside the striped one. Your Christmas décor is a very merry and bright theme and I feel joy and happiness in your home.
    xo,
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vera-There is much joy and happiness in my home-thanks!

      Delete
  3. Those are so cute and they don't take any sewing...bet even I could do one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marigene-no sew and easy and I think you could do it for sure!

      Delete
  4. Aw, very cute! I just adore anything red and white. I still have never made one of these. Can you believe that? By the time I get around to it, they'll be out of style!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda-I thin you should try-they are very easy!

      Delete
  5. Oh, you know I'm loving the reds. How cute! I am really loving the grain sack pillow!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim-I love the red and white too and I always love a good grain sack!

      Delete
  6. Super cute. Love the colors and patterns. So sweet.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kris-it is fun to use color and pattern!

      Delete
  7. A very unique decoration. i do not think I have seen others do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rose-I like that they are easy to make!

      Delete
  8. These are so cute! Thanks for sharing, Darrielle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the red bunting Darrielle. So pretty. It's perfect. :) Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie-I love the red bunting too!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you Benita-I love a good fabric bunting!

      Delete
  11. LOVE this sweet and simply idea. Beautiful job! Thanks for sharing with us at VIParty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betsy-I like that it was simple too!

      Delete
  12. Love it!!! Nice move not to put the letters on the red one. I wouldn't have thought to think ahead for another holiday. Very smart. The Noel burning is so pretty too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie-Sometimes I can pull off smart! Ha ha

      Delete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love banners, too, Darrielle, and I believe I have the same foam stamps as you and I use them often when making my banners :) Thanks for sharing yours at Vintage Charm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana-I love my foam stamps-starting to wear out!

      Delete