Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Flow Blue Dresser


I found a great vintage dresser that needed some TLC while junkin and of course brought it home with me.  

Before:
This dresser had great lines and hardware and was in good structural shape, but it had duct tape goo and lots of dings and scratches covering it.  After a good clean up, it was ready for paint. 

I mixed up Flow Blue by Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint   and got to painting. 

After painting the dresser with two coats of milk paint, I scraped  the flakes off and enjoyed the chippy goodness that comes with milk paint.  
As I was sealing the dresser a local store owner came by and wanted the dresser.
I took a few quick pictures even though the wax/ linseed oil was  still wet and a bit shiny. 





Love the pulls! 





I love this color blue!  

Linking up with:
savvysouthernstyle

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful! And what great turnaround on a piece you're planning to sell. You'll soon have a line at your doorstep.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary Alice-it was a great turn around for sure!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. thank you Kim-it is a great dresser!

      Delete
  3. I love this piece you did, the blue is beautiful.
    xoxo,
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vera-the blue is a beautiful blue!

      Delete
  4. wonderful color for the dresser. I'm going to check out her colors as I hadn't seen that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sugar-I love this MMS blue!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful dresser makeover - swooning over the color! Pinning to share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marie-I swoon over this color too!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful and just love the color.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kris-it turned out pretty!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you Mary-I love the color too!

      Delete
  8. It turned out great! You didn't get to keep that one for long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie-it was nice to have it go quickly!

      Delete
  9. I love the colour! It is beautiful ♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Summer-I love this beautiful blue too!

      Delete
  10. I love the color. I always love seeing what you do to a piece to restore it to its beauty. You never fail to inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra-I love this bold blue too!

      Delete