Thursday, May 8, 2014

Apron Strings Bench


I found this cute little bench at the Flea Market a little while ago.  It is so cute and it reminds me of my childhood.  
Before:




I decided I wanted to make it girly and I love Apron Strings by Miss Mustard Seed.  I painted it with multiple coats and let it dry.  I wanted both the original wood and the white to show so I scraped the paint with a spackel knife to get the chips.  My last step was to seal it with dark wax and hemp oil.  I think it is darling! 

















Linking up with:
rootedinthyme
thededicatedhouse
nancherrow
commonground
frenchcountrycottage
redouxinteriors
jenniferrizzo
myrepurposedlife
missmustardseed
remodelaholic
chiconashoestringdecorating
natashainoz
findingsilverpennies
diyshowoff
dwellings-theheartofyourhome
coastalcharm
cozylittlehouse
stonegable
astrollthrulife
elizabethandco
modvintagelife
knickoftimeinteriors
thededicatedhouse
savvysouthernstyle

24 comments:

  1. So sweet -- I think I had one in my childhood too! And that girly color is perfection!

    :) Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda--It reminds me of my childhood too!

      Delete
  2. Oh, Darrielle - love the chair and color choice! It is just so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzanne--I hope your painting goes well for your show!

      Delete
  3. Pretty in Pink! She is lovely in her pink dressing and don't you just love stuff that reminds you of childhood, a whimsical time.
    Hugs, Lynnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynnie--As I get older i like it more and more!

      Delete
  4. Love the color! I nominated you for the Liebster Award cause your awesomeness! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kimberly--so sweet of you to nominate me-excited!

      Delete
  5. I love the color and the beautiful natural looking finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. thank you Carmondy--I love love love it too!

      Delete
  7. Crazy over this color! Lovely patina.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your little chair! And I am crazy in love with the color!!! I actually have the same chair in my home. It's been lime green and most recently black. But now that I've seen yours, I think a re-hab is in order. Have a great day! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Jane--I do love the color too--good luck with your bench/chair!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute. I love the color. It just brings a new life to this adorable little chair. Thank you so much for sharing at Redouxinteriors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so cute. I have yet to use Apron Strings because I'm afraid it will be too pink. But every piece I see with it is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you Rebecca--It's a great color and I think more coral then pink especially with dark wax.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet piece, and the color is perfect! Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday

    ReplyDelete