Monday, October 20, 2014

Birds Eye Serpentine Dresser


While looking through Craigslist awhile back I found this great Birds Eye Maple dresser and snatched it up.

Before:

It was in pretty good shape and just needed to be cleaned, waxed and have the top attached again.  I did all those things and it is a beauty! 



I bought the dresser from an older lady who was moving and she told me the story behind it.  I love getting the story! Her husband ( who had since died) bought the dresser and it was painted in blue paint.  He took the time to remove all the blue paint, stain and seal it.  When you open the drawers you can still see a little of the blue.  She said they had it in their guest bedroom and it was well loved.  She was sad to see it go since her husband had re-fiished it and had loved it, but she could not take it to her new smaller home.  I thanked her for telling me the story and told her I would try to find a good home where it would be loved again. 
The Birds Eye Maple is stunning


Curvy Front



You can see a little of the old blue






I did find a good home with another grandmother who wanted in her guest bedroom that she was decorating for her small grandchildren.  

Linking up with:
confessionsofaplateaddict
astrollthrulife
cozylittlehouse
dwellings
elizabethandco
thededicatedhouse
mysalvagedtreasures
savvysouthernstyle
frommyfrontporchtoyours
ivyandelephants
thededicatedhouse
frenchcountrycottage
craftberrybush
missmustardseed
nancherrow
redouxinteriors
myrepurposedlife
diyshowoff
niftythriftythings
interiorfrugalista
findingsilverpennies

14 comments:

  1. wow, danke für die tollen bilder und inspirationen, liebe grüße von angie aus deutschland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this piece is absolutely stunning. What a beautiful chest. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Marty-it is gorgeous and unusual and I am glad it went to a good home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it and am so glad it found a new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim-I am glad I found a good home for the dresser too-I love hearing the stories behind pieces!

      Delete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the urn, too. I could never have too many urns.

    Take care. I plan to call you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie-I agree about the urns and not having to many. I have a LOT! Call me any time

      Delete
  6. What a beauty! This one definitely told you that it didn't want to be painted. I'm glad to hear that it found another loving home. Thanks for sharing at VIParty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betsy-it was way to stunning to be painted!

      Delete
  7. Hi,
    I am coming your way via Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Feature Friday. Birds eye maple is so beautiful. I have a gorgeous antique birds eye bookcase from the late 1800s and I know it is just as beautiful now as it was originally-perhaps more so due to a natural patina. I am so happy you are not painting it and so happy it is no longer painted. It is so beautiful on it's own.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Fondly,
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa-I love the maple too and even though I am a paint it girl I love when things are old and have beautiful wood .

      Delete