Monday, December 29, 2014

Berry Jam







I love making jam and I made berry jam for Christmas this year.  One of my good friends wanted to make the jam with me and so it was a fun morning of jam making.  


I went to a local farm that has year-round picking of fruit and bought bags of frozen raspberries and olallieberries.
The olallieberry (pronounced oh-la-leh, sometimes spelled ollalieberryolallaberryolalliberryollalaberry or ollaliberry) is a cross between the loganberry and the youngberry, each of which is itself a cross between blackberry and another berry (raspberry and dewberry, respectively).[1]





My all-time favorite desert is Olallieberries Pie and Gizdich Ranch makes the best.  I have taken my daughter every year to pick berries and apples at Gizdich and I love the family run farm/ranch.  
Bags of frozen berries


Berries cooking! 

Cooling



We made 55 jars of jam and it turned out scrumptious! 


Home-made sticker labels




4 comments:

  1. Thanks Shuj--I love making the jam and it is a fu gift to give!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks delicious and it sounds like a perfect way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betsy-It was a great way to hang with my friend!

      Delete