Sunday, December 7, 2014

Peace on Earth Sign



I had an old drawer front that I had stashed in my workshop and I pulled it out to make a sign.  

Before:
I painted hemp oil on the drawer to make the wood a nice rich color.  I was thinking I wanted to go with a Nordic look for my sign, so I pulled out red, green and white paint.  I used foam letters that I had and  painted them with white paint and then stamped them on the wood to spell out Peace on Earth.  
For the edges; I hand painted a red and green design.  The last step was to distress and age the sign with dark wax. 








Here is the sign without aging



A local dealer came and grabbed this sign and put it in her shop and it was gone in a few days! 


Linking up with:

10 comments:

  1. danke für die tollen bilder, eine schöne woche wünscht angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not surprised this sign sold quickly - it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Marie-I like how it turned out too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect! Love the stamped lettering and your hand painting; it's no surprise that it found a new home so fast. Thanks so much for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Betsy-it was easy and fun to do!

    ReplyDelete