Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Cane Back Vintage Flour Sack Chair


The last few weeks have been very busy with river rafting, camping and unpacking, but I did manage to re-do one of the chairs I found at an Estate Sale.  
Before:
This chair had a good look to it, but was grungy and dirty and needed a little time with D.D.! Awhile back I had found 2 vintage flour sacks and I loved the pattern and colors and I decided to use one on this chair.  Since the flour sack had aqua in it, I pulled out the last bit of Inglenook by Fusion Mineral Paint and painted the chair.  After two coats of paint, I distressed the chair with my spackle knife as I wanted to have both the white and wood show.  I cut the flour sack to the shape of the seat by turning it over and cutting the pattern.  I stapled the vintage fabric on the seat and then fell in love!  

Chippy Cane Back 

Lovely legs with castors 

Vintage Flour Sack Fabric 

Layers 











I think this chair would be great in someones office since it has wheels and arms.
Linking up with:
ivyandelephants
frenchcountrycottage
missmustardseed
thepainteddrawer
thoughtsfromalice
findingsilverpennies
interiorfrugalista
thededicatedhouse

22 comments:

  1. I knew this chair would be gorgeous when you finished restoring it! Beautiful!!! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Benita-I love that I got to use my vintage flour sack!

      Delete
  2. Perfect. That's all I have to say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim-I do like how it turned out too!

      Delete
  3. This is one of the prettiest pieces you have done, DD...love the subtle pale aqua and that flour sack fabric is beautiful.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marigene- I love the pale color and the flour sack together too!

      Delete
  4. Oh Oh Oh this is so pretty. Seriously one of your best re loves. That fabric is fabulous and the distressing and color oh so beautiful. You hit it out of the park on this one. Just beautiful.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kris-I like it when multiple colors show through with the distressing and I was glad to find a good use for my flour sack.

      Delete
  5. I do love cane back chairs, and I think the fabric you chose to reupholster this chair is perfect. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ricki-I think the fabric just fits the chair too!

      Delete
  6. What a yummy color and the flour sack is absolutely perfect! Thank you for inspiring us at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betsy-I was glad to finally find a use for the flour sack!

      Delete
  7. I'm in love with it! It turned out really cute. Love the material too.

    I'm a bit obsessed with chairs myself ;)

    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rue-it really is hard to pass up a good chair!

      Delete
  8. I love that chair!, been searching for one that's on wheels like that for my desk! hopefully i can find one soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you-I am thinking about maybe keeping this for my desk too, but for now it is for sale!

      Delete
  9. Such a pretty piece. Love a good chair makeover
    Fiona xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fiona-I love a good chair makeover-I kind of have a chair buying habit too!

      Delete
  10. This is beautiful! I love the color and the fabric, too. What a great transformation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beverly-I love the flour sack fabric too!

      Delete