Friday, October 9, 2015

Chalkboard Pumpkins and an old Window

With Fall in the air now and the pumpkin season upon us, I decided to make some chalkboard pumpkins.  
Before: 
I found these faux pumpkins and decided they needed another look for Haollowwen, so I pulled out Starless Night by The Urban Rooster  and painted away.  After painting the pumpkins with 2 coats of the black chalky paint, I seasoned the chalk paint by rubbing chalk all over and then rubbing it off with a cloth.  This gave the pumpkins a smearing grey look.  I then decorated the chalkboard pumpkins.  







My daughter can now decorate them however she wants! 


I also created a chalkboard from an old window frame I found at the Flea Market.  I measured the frame, bought very thin plywood from the lumber store, painted it with Starless Night, seasoned it and wrote my October bucket-list items on it.  




19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Martina-I love how the pumpkins turned out too!

      Delete
  2. Your chalkboard is great!! I love the chippy white paint and large size. And I'd love some squash soup too!
    xo Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sally-I loved the old window frame and wanted to do something with it so it became a chalkboard.

      Delete
  3. THOSE. ARE. AMAZING!! So much better after your special touch! They have such a spooky look and are perfect for Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Benita-I love the chalkboard pumpkins now and that you can decorate however you want!

      Delete
  4. Love that long chalkboard. Wonderful look for Fall and think of the decorating possibilities with it for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sugar-the chalkboard will come in handy if it stays around until Christmas!

      Delete
  5. How fun! Love that large chalkboard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun idea. I bet your daughter loves it. Blackboards are so great, so many styles and so useful as well as cute!..Happy Weekend..Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy-I thought my daughter would redecorate the pumpkins, but she has not yet!

      Delete
  7. I love how you transformed those ordinary pumpkins, very clever!!! I'm in a chalkboard mood now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betsy-I have been in a bit a chalkboard mood lately too!

      Delete
  8. Your chippy frame chalk board is so adorable. I've been following you for a while and love your furniture transformations. There is a new vintage link party Vintage Charm starting up this coming week on Thursday October 15th at 8:00 AM and I would love for you to join at http://www.bluewillowhouse.com. Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How unique! I love this idea. It would be so fun to be able to change them up whenever you wanted. Love it.

    ReplyDelete