Last week I found a cute, but ragged dresser on CL and thought it would be perfect for a makeover.
The dresser belonged to a college student who was moving and she needed some quick cash. Awhile back I bought some milk paint and crackle product from Old Fashioned Milk Paint Co. and dediced this dresser was going to be my experiment with crackle. I have never used it, but I have seen pieces that have a crackle finish and I like them. I decided that having the white show through would be a good look. I poured some crackle solution in a small container and then using a cheap paintbrush I painted the crackle goop onto the dresser. After it had dried for about an hour I mixed up Bayberry Green and painted the dresser. At first I wasn't seeing much crackle, but then the magic happened.
I scraped the dresser with my Spackle knife to get the chips and flakes off and get the chippy look. I did not like the bright white showing in the cracks, so I sealed and aged the entire dresser with Tung oil and AS dark wax and then fell in love!
|I love that her original details are now noticeable|
|Love the keyholes!|
|Oil painting I found at the Flea Market|
|At first I was not going to use the pulls that came with the dresser, but after the paint was on it I loved them.|
I am definitely going to use the crackle product again!
Linking up with: