Saturday, April 2, 2016

Fresh Flower Crowns


My good friend Krista asked me if I knew how to make flower crowns because she was doing a photoshoot and her client wanted to wear a fresh flower crown in her hair.  I love flower crowns and told her to come right over with the flowers she wanted in the crowns and I would help her.  


My gorgeous daughter! 
The supplies I used were:  floral wire, wire coat hanger, fresh flowers, Glue gun, wire cutters and twine/ribbon.  

After cutting the hook part of the hanger off, I bent the wire into a circle shape.  For Krista's wreath we glued a neutral gimp on the wire  and for mine I glued fat twine.  The reason I did this was so the wire would not show since I did not want the flowers to go all the way around, just mostly.  





I cut the flowers stems short and then 
started to arrange them in pattern I liked.  I cut the floral wire into short pieces ( about 5 inches or so).  


To attach the flowers to the wire circle, I wrapped the floral wire around  and around a few stems to hold it tight.  I keep doing this until I was done.  


You can see how I wrapped the floral wire to keep the flowers on the ring


To keep the flowers fresh until  the photoshoot, I placed them in the refrigerator.  


















32 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the different shades of pink flowers.
    Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marigene---I love the pinks too and I coached my team at a VB tournament this weekend!

      Delete
  2. Oh my this as well as your model are absolutely gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb-my model is the best part of the post!

      Delete
  3. Now these sweet flower crowns make my heart happy! Lovely, pretty and oh so Spring time beauty.
    xoxo,
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vera-the flower crowns make my heart happy too!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda-I love the fresh flowers on my daughter!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Kristi-I think they are beautiful too!

      Delete
  6. you did a beautiful job of creating the floral ring. Your tutorial was also informative. thanks for info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sugar-it was a fun project and so easy!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you Kim-my daughter makes the gorgeous!

      Delete
  8. This floral crown is BEAUTIFUL D and so is your sweet daughter!
    sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you June-I think my daughter is beautiful and the best model- I wish you could have taken the photo since you have such a skill!

      Delete
  9. FAntastic! Nothing prettier than fresh flowers. How long will they look fresh?
    :)
    http://gwingal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nikki-I agree-nothing prettier then fresh flowers! They stayed fresh in the frig. for about 4ish days!

      Delete
  10. Wianek jest piekny.Dobor kwiatow cudowny.Pozdrawiam serdecznie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just gorgeous and so is your daughter.
    Our Church group made similiar flower crowns for a group of girls, but we used faux flowers-the real deal is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your tutorial at Talk of the Town.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're so talented! And very cool that you got to have a pre-photo shoot with your daughter--I'd blow up that picture for a Mother's Day gift to yourself! Thanks for sharing! Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is so pretty! floral crowns are so perfect for spring :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did such a nice job and your daughter is the perfect model for your creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved this tutorial. Your flower crown is really beautiful! Thank you for sharing this with us. I would love it if you shared it with Thursday Favorite Things, it's on Wednesday nights. Your pictures are also very crisp and pretty!

    ReplyDelete