Thursday, May 5, 2016

The Second Barn Dresser and ORC: Week 5


I few weeks back I found a pair of old dressers from a barn-I already showed  the make over of the first one. 

Before:
The all wood dresser went through a makeover this past week. 

I sanded the top and the drawer fronts and then sealed and stained them with AS dark wax/Linseed Oil.  

This dresser is very similar, but not the same as the other dresser, so I wanted them to compliment each other with the same kind of  wood drawers.  


Aftter sanding the top and I also sealed it with AS dark Wax/linseed Oil


I wanted the dressers be alike, but not too matchy so I mixed up my own vintage green color of paint and made it into chalk paint.  

 I wanted the dresser to be chippy and distressed.  To get this look I rubbed a candle on the edges and the areas where I wanted the distressed look.  
The wax creates a natural resist to the paint and I can get it to chip/rub off with my scraper.  


After a good scraping, I sealed the dresser with my AS dark wax/Linseed oil and then added the new hardware.  









I love my Pair of Green Dressers!
Linking up with:


15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, just like its mate. Love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color...they don't look real large so they would make great night stands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Marigene-they would make great nightstands!

      Delete
  3. love your makeover. I don't have the imagination to paint a dresser like that, but just might copy you someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sugar-I love a good dresser transformation!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Rose-I love the way they look too!

      Delete
  5. Your furniture projects always look like they were created that way originally.
    Happy TOHOT.

    Laura
    WSP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura- I do love a good dresser transformation!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful job Darielle! I love that you kept the wood free of paint on the drawers. Such a great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another wonderful makeover. I like the chippy green paint.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the distressed farmhouse makeover you gave this dresser Darrielle. The pretty green paint color pairs beautifully with the stain color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prześliczne wygląda renowacja.Kolor jest śliczny.Pozdrawiam :)

    ReplyDelete