Monday, August 11, 2014

Green Kitchen Table Re-do


For a long time we had a funky kitchen table that I had made the plank top for, but it was not very stable or sturdy.  I found this heavy oval table at the Goodwill and thought it would be perfect for my kitchen table.  
Before:
We used it for about a week, to make sure it was the right size and worked for us.  I wanted some color in my kitchen eating area and ideally wanted a white table and chairs that popped with color, but I hate painting chairs and already had chippy white ones so I decided to paint the table.  Green is one of my favorite colors and I live in a 100+ year old farm house, so I decided to go with farm green.  I mixed up some paint until I got the color I wanted and then make it into chalk paint.  After painting the table, I distressed it and sealed it with dark wax/hemp oil.  




I had to move the table away from the window for pictures







18 comments:

  1. I love the table in your eating area! Such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gigi- I love how it turned out and the size

      Delete
  2. Your new kitchen table looks perfect in your room. I think you made the right choice leaving the original color on the cushions. The room is beautiful from every angle!
    Decorate your Dining Table

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura-It is a very bright and cheery spot!

      Delete
  3. That table looks great there...green is my favorite color, so yes, I do like the color you chose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marigene-I love green too and it turned out the right shade I had in mind!

      Delete
  4. The table looks great! Green is my favorite color, too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore the color! I call it Grandma Green because it makes me think of vintage Jadite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Green is my favorite color too:-) Love the makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in the process of redoing my dining room table and I noticed you used wax but did not use any polyurethane. How is it holding up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer-So far so good. I let it cure for a few days before we started to use it, but no problems so far. I have used on wax before on another table and it held up fine.

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous! I love the color and classic shape!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betsy-it's a cheerful addition to my kitchen!

      Delete