Friday, August 29, 2014

Pair of French Provincial Chairs


I bought a pair of French Provincial chairs on CL last week. 
Before:
I originally answered the CL add because they had 6 chairs and I needed 6 chairs for my husband's office conference room. However, when I got to the sellers house there were only 5 left and 2 of them had damage to the cane backs.  I only bought the two, but knew they could be great with some work. I thought the chairs needed a little something else so I added bow appliqués I had in my stash (from Doityourselfchic.com).   I mixed up some home made chalk paint in a grey and started to paint away.  Chairs are not my favorite thing to paint, but I got it done.  I hand painted the bow and side groove details and sealed the chairs with dark wax and hemp oil.  The last step in the transformation was to reupholster the seats in the grey chevron fabric.  
Looking good now! 
Bow applique 

Large boxwood wreath from DecorSteals.com



Gorgeous legs


I love the chevron print!







Now I have to figure out what to do with the chairs! 

18 comments:

  1. love the little bows you added and the color is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great... I love what you did with the little bow and fabric.. Great finds.. it would have been great if the others in in better shape.. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patty-I was really bummed when I couldn't get all of them, but I love the 2 I did get!

      Delete
  3. They turned out beautiful! Visiting from G'day linky party and now following!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good transformation and these fit the bill. Plus, I love chevron! Saying G'Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes the littlest thing takes a piece to the next level.....that would be the bow and dark wax. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maureen-I think the bow was a good idea too!

      Delete
  6. Love these, so pretty and love the updated fabric. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marty-I like how they turned out too!

      Delete
  7. These are adorable! Great transformation! Thanks for sharing with us at Your Designs This Time!
    Emily & Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily and Erin-they do look so much better now!

      Delete