At the Flea Market this past weekend I walked past this piece the first time because this is what it looked like-
It had no legs and just looked like a streaky orange box. I looked at this venders booth a second time (because I bought a dresser the first time and was picking it up) and noticed the detail at the bottom of the drawer. I then opened it up and looked at it and realized someone had cut the legs off and this had potential to be a fabulous piece. I loaded it up in my Volvo and went home.
I looked through my stash of legs in my workshop and found a few different kinds, but only one would work with the existing piece as it was and I was not up for a total change. My husband decided to help me ( he is good about moving furniture and going on the hunt with me, but he usually has no interest in the painting/fixing stage). He drilled holes in the chest and screwed in the legs. Not the perfect legs, but good enough.
I mixed up some Eulie's Sky Milk paint by Miss Mustard Seed and added a little French Enamel to just be different. After painting 3 coats ( it took that many to cover the ugly rusty-orange color) I hand painted the details in white. After scraping off the chips I sealed it with dark wax and hemp oil. I decided to make the drawers inside different so I painted them white and the bottoms aqua. I then stenciled on a design to each drawer.
I am happy with how it looks now that it is painted and has legs!
Linking up with: