Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Patriotic Banner



With the Fourth of July coming up soon I wanted to make a banner for my mantle.  I had ordered blank canvas flags from Decor Steals awhile back and pulled them out to make my banner.  The flags are off-white  and I wanted them white so I painted them with white chalk paint.  While the paint was drying I printed out a graphic from Graphicsfairy.com (thegraphicsfairy.com ).  To get the graphic onto the canvas I printed it on TAP paper and ironed it on to the canvas flag.  I used Frog Tape to create the red stripes and then stamped USA onto the canvas with blue chalk paint.  This banner is simple and easy to make and I now have it hanging from my mantle. 




I love the rough and stringy edges-I call it character! 

Not perfect lines and edges is what I like







Linking up with:
elizabethandco
savvysouthernstyle
ivyandelephants
frommyfrontporchtoyours
beyondthepicketfence
rootedinthyme
frenchcountrycottage
nancherrow
craftberrybush
myrepurposedlife

2 comments:

  1. Really cute! Perfect for celebrating the 4th and all summer long!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon-I like it and a local dealer wanted it and took it in to her shop for a decoration since we were going to be gone for the 4th and it sold in an hour! It was featured on Graphic fairy too!

      Delete