Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mother Mary


While at my local thrift store I spied this statue of a lady praying.  I thought she looked peaceful and pretty so I bought her and brought her home. 
Before:


I wanted her to look older and aged so I got out my chalk paints in grays and whites and started to layer and wipe, layer and wipe until I got the look I was going for.  My last step was to add some dark wax to  age her.  









She just makes me feel good! 

Happy Mother's Day!  

Linking up with:

14 comments:

  1. You did a beautiful job. The patina is gorgeous!

    Gigi @ Old World Patina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow a great job you did! Looks wonderful.

    Blessings :)
    ~Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out so beautiful... and an inspiration too as I have several garden statue that needs a redo... ;) Thanks

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cielo--I wanted her to look older and it worked!

      Delete
  4. OMG you did an excellent job! I might have missed her beauty seeing the original too, but yours is wonderfull!!! over from Ivy and Elephants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She just looks peaceful to me and she sold fast at the show.

      Delete
  5. Such a great job on the patina!

    Mary @ Orphans With Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous! I saw it on Elizabeth & Co. and had to come tell you how much I love it. What a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cassie--I just though she looked peaceful but needed an update.

      Delete