Tuesday, June 17, 2014

French Provincial Bed


I found an old French Provincial bed at the Flea Market awhile ago and of course brought it home. 
Before:

I wanted to upholster the headboard and fancy it up a little.  I added a few appliqués from doityourselfchic.com and then painted the bed frame in white chalk paint.  After the paint had dried I dark waxed it and then added Rub n Buff to the details to give it a little more pizzaz   I bought velvet in a soft aqua color and after adding batting I stapled it to the head board and finsished it off with lace edging.  








The Foot Board







I love it even if my upholstery job is not perfect! 

18 comments:

  1. Oh, it is SO pretty. Just love the soft colors and feel. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Suzanne--I have wanted to try a velvet bed for awhile so this was my attempt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful.....perfect to me! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Martina-the velvet is so soft and pretty

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful piece, love the appliques.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I have that same bed. It was mine as a child and now my daughter uses it. I painted it white but I love how you added fabric! I think I'll do that to mine too! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you--I would love to see yours if you re-do it!

      Delete
  7. Found you on Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Feature Friday. Love what you did with the headboard. I'm your newest follower!
    xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always do such beautiful work, and this bed is no exception! Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alison-I like how it turned out too-wasnt sure if the vision in my head would come out but it did.

      Delete
  9. I'm working on the identical bed - how bizarre - and I can tell you without a doubt you've beat me hands down - this is just so beautiful !
    Love that you upholstered it - ( don't you just love the little footboard? )
    Hopping over from Coastal Charm
    Hugs,
    Beautiful job!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzan-I can't wait to see yours on your blog--I do love the little footboard. I wanted to try something different with mine and try to make it more Frenchy.

      Delete
  10. What a beauty! LOVE it! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy-I wanted to try something new to me and so I went for it!

      Delete