Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Bold Chair for my Daughter


My daughter has a cottage in our yard that her grandfather built for her-it is actually a small house!  It was built about 4 years ago and at that time we decorated it in orange and pink, but she recently wanted a new look and I of course love re-doing rooms so here goes.  This weekend by husband placed my phone on the top of the car and drove off and it crashed to the ground on the Highway so bye-bye phone. This means I do not have  the before picture of this chair or even the cottage.  Oh well--life goes on. 

The chair was an ugly brown/orange and had a dirty pinkish fabric on it when I bought it.  The new colors in her cottage are going to be blues/greens/white and maybe some violet.  She is turning 12 this year and wants a "teenager" type space.  

I painted the chair in white chalk paint, distressed and sealed it with clear wax.  I upholstered the seat in a bold linen fabric that is very colorful.  











27 comments:

  1. Perfect chair for a teenager! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gigi--yes I agree perfect for teenager! I am loving that she wants color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! That is the exact same as the chairs in my Dining Room, but I refinished mine differently!

    xo

    Andie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andie-good sturdy chair and I was going for a cheerful bright chair for a teenager!

      Delete
  4. Her own cottage? Wow, I'll bet it's the sweetest place and so special because it was made by her grandfather. Love the bold fabric on the chair. Oh no, sorry to hear about your phone accident, yikes! Thanks for sharing at VIParty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betsy-yes, she has the best cottage-warm, and cute and quiet and big. I am bummed about my phone-but what's a girl to do?

      Delete
  5. You and your daughter have great taste. That fabric is gorgeous and looks great on the chair. Shoot, time for a new phone, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie-I wasn't wanting a new phone but now I have one! I love the fabric too!

      Delete
  6. gorgeous fabric. I love the idea of bright colors and patterns but always end up with light velvet...probably because my house is way too busy already. Great bone on the chair too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Victoria-I love having some color and I am glad my daughter wants color too. I love all your soft velvets!

      Delete
  7. This chair is darling, beautiful, pretty, sophisticated, so cute...all wrapped up in one. Love the bright fabric on the seat.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary Alice-having fun with the chair and fabric for my daughter!

      Delete
  8. i love the chair. the fabric is fabulous! can't wait to see the whole room done. we recently redecorated my daughter's room from shabby sweetness to a more sophisticated tween look. lol. thnx for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. warmly- mj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MaryJo-I can't wait to finish it either! One more thing to check off my to-do list!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you Martina-I love the fabric too and have done a few projects with it.

      Delete
  10. Your daughter has great taste...that chair is gorgeous!
    Have a fun weekend, Darrielle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marigene-the chair is looking good in her cottage

      Delete
  11. Love the bold fabric! Pretty makeover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa-I love the fabric and have used for a few different projects!

      Delete
  12. This chair is beautiful! Love the fabric you chose. Thanks for sharing! I think it would be great for my new linky party starting this Saturday at 8pm called “Found & Foraged” Can’t wait to party with you at http://www.houseofhipsters.com

    ReplyDelete