Thursday, October 1, 2015

Chippy Green Vintage Table


Awhile back I came across a very old side table that had a cracked mirrored top and gorgeous details and I had to have it.  
Before:
This is not the true before photo ( lost that with the recent  computer issues), but close.  When I found the table is was very dry and the top had a mirror with a chunk missing from it.  I popped out the mirror and replaced it with wood and then I used hemp oil to revive the wood and this is what it looked like.  It didn't sell dark like this, so I decided it needed a little color.  I pulled out Boxwood Green milk paint by Miss Mustard Seed and started mixing it up.  I painted the table with 2 coats and after it had dried, I scraped away the loose milk paint and fell in LOVE!  


Chippy Goodness!

The color is stunning and now the details POP! 
Gorgeous Details! 

Look at those amazing legs!


New Top


30 comments:

  1. So lovely. Perfect color!

    Happy Fall...
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stanowczo mój ulubiony kolor:)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this piece! The colour is perfect and those legs are amazing! :) Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the piece but I am more into turquoise! You did a good job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Marigene-it's another green piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything about this table is beautiful!! Love the color and all the details that are part of this table!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Keri-the details are stunning I agree!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you Carol-I love the legs and the color!

      Delete
  8. Absolutely stunning!! That piece is gorgeous, I can see why it left quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It turned out so shabbilicously good! Would love it if you would link it up to Friday's Furniture Fix http://www.patinaparadise.com/2015/10/fridays-furniture-fix-10.html Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lucy-I would love to participate-I actually added your blog to my roll, but with all the computer issues I have had recently things got messed up, but I will add again!

      Delete
  10. Oh My! Drooling! I'm always amazed at how different Boxwood looks on different finishes! Perfectly chipped in all the right places! Well done!
    Smiles!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terry-I love Boxwood too and all the chippiness of milk paint!

      Delete
  11. I'm not surprised that someone grabbed it right away. Love, love, love the chippy green paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betsy-Love the color and it did sell at Mes Amis!

      Delete
  12. Love all of the chippy-ness you got on this piece. It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so gorgeous. I can see why someone snapped it right up. What a transformation..Happy Tuesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh snap I love your stuff! Featuring this piece this week at Making Broken Beautiful! Happy you shared!
    Smiles!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete