Thursday, December 12, 2013

Bad Dresser turned Good!

I found this old dresser at the Flea Market and it was in BAD shape, but I saw some potential.  This dresser needed some serious WORK,  but it had good bones so I bought it for dirt cheap.
In all its glory!
Here it is in its BAD condition:
The back-or lack of back!
side view
I measured the back and the sides and headed to the local Lumber Yard.  I had a piece of mahogany plywood cut to the measurements and headed home.
My next step was to apply a lot of wood glue and place the new pieces in place with weight.  I used anything I had on hand to weigh it down and put the clamps on.
laying down on its side
Don't you love my messing work area!
The insides
I used anything I could find in the moment for weight! Ha ha!
 I mixed up a pale cotton candy pink home-made chalk paint and painted the dresser.  I then hand painted a design around the edges in white.  Dark AS wax was added to age it and I love it.
I thought it would look great in a girls room.

Here is the dresser in all its new glory!

A girls got to have  PINK sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment