Saturday, December 21, 2013

Old World Candle Sticks--Re-Do

I had a pair of great candle sticks that I had bought many years ago that had a funky green sort of wash on them and I had always meant to paint them, but never got to it.  Finally I found another set I liked better and they went in to my pile of TO-REDO in my workshop.  A client who has had me do a few design projects for her came over and wanted to find a gift for an old friend.  She picked out the candle sticks and wanted them to have an Old World aged look for her friend.  She wanted a grey and white aged finish so I got busy. ( I forgot to take a picture of them before the first coat of paint!)

Here they are with a couple of coats of home-made chalk paint in Milky White by Benjamin Moore

I hurt my foot and am in an ankle boot so I had to move my project inside--LOVE the messy back-ground-LOL!
I next got out some home-made grey chalk paint and using an artist paint brush I hand painted the details I wanted to highlight.
My next stop was to wipe away the paint with a cotton rag.
The grey paint stayed in the crevices and aged the white.  My next step was to add AS dark wax with a brush to the candle sticks.

I then rubbed and wiped the wax in.

 My last step was to add Rub in Buff in gold:


My client picked them up today and LOVED them! She now has some more projects for me to do!




1 comment:

  1. Very pretty, I love them too! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    http://www.dwellings-theheartofyourhome.com/2013/12/amaze-me-monday-38.html
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete