Monday, September 29, 2014

Rolling Cart-from Drab to Fab!

A few weeks back I found this really damaged dresser and rolling cart at the Flea Market   They had potential and good bones, but needed some major help.  Here is the rolling cart before:
 After cleaning this cart/cabinet I did a quick sand and then mixed up some chalk paint in Linen.  The wood was so dry that it soaked up the paint like a sponge!  After a few coats of paint I distresses the cart and sealed it with Dark wax/hemp oil.  I love that the cabinet/cart had wheels and can be pushed around so easily and it has a pull out shelf. 





Gorgeous hardware

Love copper mugs-I have been really into Moscow Mules lately! 


Love dried roses! 






The pull out shelf

Cocktail anyone? 



This cart/cabinet has so many uses! 

Linking up with:

18 comments:

  1. I love the unique look of that cabinet, pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gigi-the cart is unique and that is one of the reasons I brought it home!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous cart, so pretty and so versatile! Love how you styled things. Not sure if copper is becoming popular, saw copper mugs just like yours at, of all places, Target the other day:)
    xoKathleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathleen-the cart felt like a bar to me! I love Moscow Mules and the copper cups keep it very cold!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Martina-I thought it was an interesting piece!

      Delete
  4. I adore this cart!!!! It has such great style! I hope you're going to enjoy it in your home for awhile.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary Alice-I do not have room for the cart so I hope someone else will enjoy it!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful piece and finish. I am fairly new to painting with chalk paint and have a question concerning using dark wax/hemp oil.
    Do you mix the two together? If so, what is the mixture. I hope that is not a crazy question but I am just learning the different processes in using chalk paint.
    Thanks for your help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deborah-No crazy questions-I don't have a lot of patients for waiting so what I do is a pour a little hemp oil in a cup and then I dip my brush in the oil and then right in the AS dark wax and brush on the piece and then wipe off an extra and rub it in. This method is fast easy and I can really control how dark I want the piece to be. Try it and I bet you will like it. I sometimes use Danish oil that can be found at the paint store if I run out of hemp oil.
      good luck!

      Delete
  6. What a transformation! Love the little pull out and the awesome paint job, you'd never know it was the same piece of furniture. Thanks for sharing at VIP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betsy-I thought it was a different kind of piece and I think it would be fun as a bar.

      Delete
  7. wow, that is such a beautiful cart. I love pieces like this and especially with fun little pull outs. Love the color you chose and the distressing. It is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise-I love the uniqueness too and so did a local dealer and it is now in her shop!

      Delete