Monday, September 8, 2014

Not so Blue Chippy Dresser


I am always on the hunt for dressers and I found this nice one  on Craigslist so I snatched it up.
Before:





The top was pretty rough and chippy so I got out my hand sander and sanded it smooth.  I decided I liked the light blue color and proceeded to sand down the rest of the dresser to give it a distressed and chippy look. I figured if I did not like it then I would paint it a new color.  I like how the yellowish color comes through as well as the original wood.  The last thing I did was to seal it all with AS clear wax.  I think it is adorable. 


Chippy top


Great side details

I love roses and stock 

Gorgeous hardware


Chippy goodness! 

Love the details! 







16 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. Do you mind my asking where you got the hardware for it? I am going to paint a dresser I bought at a thrift shop, but I definitely want to replace the hardware.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Briana-The hardware came wight he dresser. I do buy hardware from ebay, hobby lobby, Cost Plus, and the Flea Market.

      Delete
  2. I love the patina that you got on the dresser. It's a great keeper. Have a great day! Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to keep the original paint and sand it back - genius! I really enjoyed seeing your home over the weekend on Savvy Southern Style. I feel like I came over for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzanne-It defiantly made it easier to just sand back! Thanks for touring my home-I was also with Pamela at Over at my Front Porch for a series on my decorating style. 2 times in one week-wow! Feeling special!

      Delete
  4. I love it too! Can't wait to see it in person, it will fly out the door on Friday night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betsy-I hope it goes fast! Fun times next week!

      Delete
  5. Love this blue color and the beautiful details of this dresser. Your distressing really brought out the best in this piece. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peggy-I had an idea and went with it and I love how it turned out. Less work for sure on this one!

      Delete
  6. What a gorgeous piece. The shade of powdery blue is perfection.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that barely there blue! Very lovely!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennelise-I like that this project was easy!

      Delete