Monday, September 1, 2014

Custom Blue Milk Paint Dresser



I found a great small dresser at the Flea Market last week and brought it home.  
Before:
The dresser had great hardware and I love the shape and I was picturing it in chippy milk paint.  When I went to my stash of milk paint I noticed I had many bags of MMS milk paint that only had a little bit of powder left (not enough for a project).  I decided to mix them all together and see what I got.  I mixed MMS Kitchen Scale, Lucketts Green, Grainsack, French Enamal Blue and Boxwood in a container and then made a small batch to see what I got.  I love the soft blue color that I created.  After the mixing came the painting and the scraping.  I sealed the dresser with hemp oil and attached the gorgeous hardware. 
 
Roses and Chippy paint=Love



Gorgeous Hardware

Chippy Top

I love how all the drawers chipped differently 


Chippy and Gorgeous 

Roses











Linking up with:
myrepurposedlife
craftberrybush
missmustardseed
thededicatedhouse
piecedpastimes

18 comments:

  1. That is a great way to use up the ends of the packagaes. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Elizabeth-I agree it was a good use of lots of little bits of powder-lucky for me it came out a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the way this piece turned out Darrielle...it crackled and peeled perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martina-I love how chippy it turned out too!

      Delete
  4. You are the milk paint queen, I love the way all the drawers chipped differently as well. This give the piece a natural aged effect where not all drawers will aged the same, just like paint discoloring in age differently as well.
    So cool that you mixed all the left overs to come up with such a great french bleu tone.

    Where are you going to place it, or are you selling it? I think a piece like this thats not to over sized would look great in a kitchen, on a wall where you can store linens in and extra pieces needed in a kitchen. I love that bleu!

    Thank you for taking the time to visit my place, you really joy my days lady "Di" with your sweet comment. :)

    thank you dearly for assuring me a small room can have it all :)

    xx
    bisous

    Dore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dore-I absolutely love how unpredictable milk paint is! I am going to sell the dresser and bring it to a vintage French show I have coming up in a few weeks. Of course in the mean time I am looking for more pieces to paint! Have a great week!

      Delete
  5. My favorite piece of yours so far - I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzanne-I Love it too and I love the chippiness!

      Delete
  6. Love the way this beauty turned out! Thanks so much for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great!

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful new life for that dresser.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This turned out eyecatchingly beautiful!!! Absolutely lovely!
    Smiles!
    Smiles!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I am just amazed at how the milk paint chips the wood so naturally! LOVE that color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you AnnMarie-I totally love milk paint and the chippiness! MMS had great colors

      Delete