Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Side Table in Blue



On my weekly junkin' trips I found this great old side table and brought it home.
Before:
It was pretty banged up, but had potential.  I got out my hand sander and sanded the top and it turned out to be beautiful wood.  I sealed it with AS dark wax.  For the base of the table I mixed together some grey and blue paint until I got a color I liked and then made it into home-made chalk paint.  First I painted it white so I could have an undercoat to show through when distressed.  After a few coats of blue paint, I distressed and sealed it with hemp oil/dark wax.  I need smaller piece of furniture to be ready for Mes Amis Vintage Show that I am doing in a few weeks and this piece is perfect for the show. 



The layers showing


Flowers and Ironstone


Gorgeous Legs 


Ooops a little paint got on the wood ( I never notice until I take pictures close up-LOL)




Pretty Top 



It is now looking good in Blue!

16 comments:

  1. You gave that table a whole new life! What an amazing makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Susan-I am getting ready for a show so it is the perfect piece to bring to the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It IS looking good in blue. The top looks great with just the waxing. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Diana-I love natural tops with painted bottoms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect! Thanks so much for sharing at the Vintage Inspiration Party. Looking forward to seeing this beauty in person also:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Betsy-I look forward to seeing you next week at Mes Amis-my job is so crazy busy right now, feeling kind of behind with my show stuff. Oh well-it will work out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great - my favorite color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You gave that piece a wonderful new life! Love the color you chose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pamela-the blue is very nice with the natural wood

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the inspiration! I have a little nightstand that I purchased already painted white (bad shiny latex) and I have been stumped about what to do with it. I love your idea, painting it blue and distressing to let some of the white show. I think I'll give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda-I like layer colors when I can--I be it will look great!

      Delete
  10. Wonderful transformation! What a nice shade of blue!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete