Saturday, July 5, 2014

Finds of the Week #13


I was gone for about a week to the lake water skiing and missed the weekly Flea Market-Totally worth missing treasure hunting to be on the lake!  This week I did find some treasures at both the Flea Market and local thrift stores. 
Old secretary style desk-so much potential
Should I keep the pulls or go for a simpler look with knobs?




Ornate gold wooden frame


Pair of heavy lined drapes


Wooden stool-can a girl have too many stools?


Small red pie pan-perfect for a single pie or quiche 


Silver Vase


Tall dresser


Linen table cloth with beautiful details


Set of 4 linen napkins-we use cloth napkins as an every day thing




4 Strawberry napkins


Vintage apron


Love linens! 
Another Stool! 


12 comments:

  1. Wonderful finds! and you can never have too many stools!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carmen--I agree that you can never have too many stools!

      Delete
  2. You find the best treasures! The drapes are my favorites this week! I say to keep the original hardware on the desk, that is what makes it so charming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marigene-I love all the linens too--I am working on the desk today and the original hardware will be staying-thanks!

      Delete
  3. I love getting a peek at your terrific finds, Darrielle. I know that secretary is going to look fabulous once you've worked our magic!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary Alice-I finished the desk yesterday and will be posting about it! I went with a look that is bold!

      Delete
  4. When your blog post showed up on my feed, it was the picture of the white secretary with green trim. At first I didn't realize it was a 'find' and thought it was a completed project by you! Oy! I'm looking forward to seeing the 'final' transformation...as I am sure it will be gorgeous! :)
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin-I finished it yesterday and went with a look that is a little different!

      Delete
  5. Great goodies! I really like that stool :-) Hope your Holiday was wonderful!!

    Blessings..
    ~Sherri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherri-my holiday was great and I hope yours was too! I love the stool too and have already painted it!

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous secretary desk!!! Wonderful finds!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete