Saturday, July 26, 2014

French Coffee Table for my Husband's Office


My Husband moved to a new office  ( Administrator at a school) and wanted a new look and feel for his office,  so he asked me to help him out.  I have been on the search for some pieces for his office and here is the coffee table I found. 
Before:

The table has great lines and was really scratched up, but I thought if I sanded the top and painted the base it could be a stunner.  I pulled out my electric sander and went to work.  The wood is beautiful and after the sanding was complete I sealed and stained it with dark wax/hemp oil.  It's beautiful! 



I painted the base in white chalk paint (Garlic Glove by Benjamin Moore), distressed and sealed with clear wax.  



My husband took the table to his office a few days ago along with the basket tray, plant and grey wooden apples.  I haven't seen it in his office (it's about 45 mins away), but he says it looks great and his "Ladies" love it.  




Pineapple or Aloha Lily


Gorgeous curves




Grey Wooden apples-so appropriate for a school! 








20 comments:

  1. Great transformation! It really is a beautiful table and I really like the way the paint turned out. He definitely is a lucky husband! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jane-the things we do for our loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He sure is a lucky husband!! You might get some new business when everyone sees it! Really nice piece.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary Alice-I love how the wood looks now!

      Delete
  4. Oooooh! Wow what a great husband he is to appreciate your hard work and the beauty of adding shabby chic to his office. Of course the ladies would love it, his office I am sure is now one they want to hang out in.
    Don't you just love when a piece comes along that turns out so amazing that you have to fight to not want to keep it ?
    I know when I get a piece done for a customer or myself I hate to give it back or give it up :)

    Thank you sweet friend for taking the time to visit my post with my latest finds.
    Your comments always greet my days with a smile.

    See you soon.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dore-you are right it is nice to have my hubby appreciate my hard work and eye for things by asking for help with his new offices. I really do love how the table turned out and was tempted to keep it instead of our current coffee table, but he needed it. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. Oh Darrielle, you know I have a weakness for refinished tops...and this piece is no exception! What a gorgeous refinish...and love the paint color for the base. Always enjoy seeing new posts from you..so inspirational!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin-the wood was so beautiful under the old stain and varnish! Thanks for the compliment!

      Delete
  6. You're not kidding he is one lucky husband! I love what you did, the color choice is perfect and the top really does look fabulous!
    xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathleen-it's a good thing I love my husband!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you Susan-I love how it turned out too!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful table! I love the top and the curves of the bottom. Great makeover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzanne-my hubby says it looks good in his new office!

      Delete
  9. Yes, your husband is luck indeed! I love the way this coffee table looks now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda-the top is so nice now and he is very lucky!

      Delete
  10. I love how this looks now.
    I know your husband is proud to show off your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patricia-my husband is proud and his Ladies love the new look of the office. I still have more to do, but so far its looking great

      Delete