Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Grey French Country Table



I found this great heavy console table at the Flea Market awhile back.  

Before:

It is made of solid wood and had great potential, so I brought it home to re-do.  I thought it would look great with a grey French Country look. I mixed up a home-made chalk paint in a warm grey and painted a couple of coats.  Next I added white to the grey paint for a lighter look and then dry brushed the lighter color on to the piece.  The last step-clear wax.  I added grey ceramic knobs to update the table. 

I did not have time to take proper pictures of the piece because a local dealer bought it.  I took a few pictures in my driveway as we were loading it up.




You can see the lighter grey dry brushed on here and the new knobs








7 foot planked top! 






23 comments:

  1. This is a great piece! Love your transformation.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is beautiful Darrielle! I love this piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you June-it is a pretty piece and very large!

      Delete
  3. That turned out gorgeous - love the color and your technique - it's just perfect!
    Saw it at From my front porch to yours and had to visit :)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank yo Suzan-I like how it turned out too and the dealer who bought loves it!

      Delete
  4. That is some transformation - from ugh to beautiful. No wonder someone bought it quickly. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelley-it was a giant piece and I am glad someone bought it quickly!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous piece. It looks super heavy too. I love that grey color. It goes with any style of home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Victoria-It was a monster of a piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great makeover i love the shape of the table and the color is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just finished a similar console. yours looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fiona-it was a big console but pretty!

      Delete
  9. I need this table in my living room :) It looks gorgeous!


    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bobbi-it was a great table and very big!

      Delete
  10. This is a gorgeous piece and huge! It is perfect for a shop. Love the color! Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week!

    Blessings,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deborah-the shop owner is very happy with it and it looks great in her shop! It's even on her blog and website!

      Delete
  11. Oh how pretty and I love that planked top!

    ReplyDelete